United Nations Headquarters, New York, United States of America.
The Peace Bell was donated by the United Nations Association of Japan in June, 1954.
Mr. Chiyoji Nagakawa, the former counsellor of the United Nations Association of Japan and observer during the 6th session of the General Assembly in Paris in 1951, proposed to build a Peace Bell as a symbol of hope for peace. The bell was cast from coins and medals donated by the representatives of Member States, the Pope, and people, including children from over 60 different nations who seconded his idea. The bell tower was modeled after the Hanamido (a small temple decorated with flowers) that symbolises the place where Buddha was born.
The World Peace Bell was installed in 1995.